Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Pinterest: Leap of Faith Clothing Contest



Recently, I read this article (entitled A Marketer’s Guide to Pinterest) about how to use Pinterest as a marketer.

If you haven’t heard of Pinterest, it is a virtual cork board of sorts. It reminds me of when I started to put together my office space; the first thing on my list was to have a vision board on the wall...made out of cork! It took me a while to find the perfect cork tiles and pull all the perfect magazine images, quotes,  home pictures, homemade drawings, and other inspirational pieces, but once I completed it, I loved the liveliness that it added to my space.

Pinterest is the same way!  It adds a dimension of liveliness to the social media that inspires me.  I knew starting out there had to be a way Pinterest could help Leap of Faith Clothing.  I also knew there were going to be "power users" that would start making money on Pinterest.  Of course, I aspire to be one of them, but I soon figured out it would take a lot of time on my part.

Even though it’ll add the amount of time you spend on social networks and online marketing, that’s not to say it should be overlooked in favor of other social media sites! According to David Wallace in A Marketer’s Guide to Pinterest, Pinterest is the fastest site to hit 10 million users.  I think this is partially because of the exclusivity of being invited, which adds to the appeal of becoming a "pinner."  Good call, Pinterest innovators! Another plus is that Pinterest is driving search traffic - more than Youtube, Google+, and Linkedin.  Even if Facebook, StumbleUpon and Twitter are still ahead, I’d say it’s a pretty big feat to gain that social media ground over two of the biggest search engines in the world.  Above all, I think the most appealing part of this article is the demographics statistics; Pinterest is hitting my target market head on!

Now, my challenge is to somehow encourage my followers to re-pin my Leap of Faith items. Therefore, we are going to start a contest. So any users who currently have re-pinned or start to re-pin the Leap of Faith Clothing styles will be entered in a contest to win a free t-shirt of their choice and 30% off any other items they choose to buy.  I hope to build awareness and excitement around the Leap of Faith Clothing brand and also reach more of my target market on Pinterest!  Happy Pinning!

To find me on Pinterest, check out my Leap of Faith Clothing Pinterest Board!

No comments:

Post a Comment